Wednesday 8 April 2015

Current obsession: Josef Frank wallpaper and fabrics

Using a bold, graphic wallpaper is something I've been desperate to do for a while but haven't had the courage to, however our tiny, window-less cloakroom is crying out for something bold and being small, is I think the perfect place to experiment. 

In my search for the perfect wallpaper, I've re-discovered Josef Frank and a keen liking for his designs has now become a full-blown obsession. Unfortunately, wallpapers bearing his designs are infuriatingly difficult to get hold of and the design I've got in my sights seems not to exist as a physical product, only as an image on Flikr and Pinterest:

Image found on Pinterest
I just love the thorny, graphic pattern from the twigs and leaves and the pops of yellow (my favourite colour) from the lemons. If anyone knows where I can track down this design as a wallpaper, please, please put me out of my misery and let me know!

Other pops of Josef Frank:

The colourful, illustrative designs are perfect for a bright children's bedroom

Image from Design Sponge
This fabric provides a perfect pop of colour and adds to a botanical theme in this bright Scandinavian apartment

Image from Apartment Therapy
I love how this darker design on the chair picks up the colours from the rug

Image from Bolig Magasinet
And finally, just the inspiration I needed to convince me that the cloakroom is the perfect place to start with bold wallpapers!

Image from Miss Moss







No comments:

Post a Comment